Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mid Century Modern Chairs! Oh how I love thee..



So after my experiment with the blue mirror in my living room, another bright color made its way in. I have always had a space in my heart for mid century modern pieces, especially teak. Oh, I love teak. It’s such a rich warm color. The simplicity of scandinavian design from the 50s and 60s is simple and practical and I grew up with many of those around at home from my mother who moved her to NY from Sweden in the 60s. It also helped that I am addicted to summer time yard sales. I would see so many beautiful pieces of furniture and awesome chairs( I love chairs) but at 10 years old I don’t think I could have gotten away with buying or storing furniture for a future house nearly 20 years away. I don’t think they would have fit in my room in between the bed in the room I shared with my sister, the lincoln logs and the Atari system. I still think maybe I could have made it work... anyway my husband and I found this awesome chair lonely on the side of the road shouting “ put me in the trunk!!! please!!!” how could I refuse... So with a little love, teak oil and reupholstering, ta da!!!! I have a bright yellow chair in my living room. I love it!! There is something about that color of gold/yellow that complements the color of the wood well... so the hunt continues for more.....


No comments:

Post a Comment