Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Vintage Gold Mirror goes BLUE!


So, I don’t know if I made the right move here, but I found some gusto and decided to paint this mirror I had bright blue. I’ve always wanted to “get crazy” and just put a pop of color in a room deliberately to highlight part of a subtle color scheme. This vintage mirror was originally a bit gaudy and a grimy Miss Havisham gold with hints of dirt and age. But hey it only cost me 25 cents at a yard sale so no harm done either way. Rather than hunt down my bottle of gold paint which I was about to do, I instead mixed a custom color that would hide any imperfections and gave it a coat of semi gloss acrylic spray to finish it off. I’m actually a bit proud of myself for trying something new, after all I can always paint it again can’t I? Thoughts??

No comments:

Post a Comment